Updated: Nov 8, 2019
I've had a number of patients that have had serious injuries related to the use of snow blowers. So here are some key injury prevention tips:
1. Turn off the snow blower and wait for all moving parts to stop.
2. Use a long stick to clear a jam; never use your hand.
3. Keep your hands away from moving parts.
4. Don't try to lift the snow blower from the bottom. The weight and blades combined can cause serious injury.
5. Burns are another common injury so avoid touching areas of the machine that get hot.
6. Keep a clear head and focus on the task at hand.